For an overview of the pathways through the curriculum, please see our information page here.
Welcome to the Psychology Department
In Psychology we aspire to empower our students with the skills and ability to critically analyse human behaviour and thinking, resulting in confident learners who will have a life-long thirst for knowledge.
“The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind.” – William James
For Psychology we use Edexcel:
- The course will be assessed through 100% exam.
- Research methods content must make up 20% of the qualification.
- Maths skills make up 10% of the qualification (50% of the research method content).
All students are entitled to:
- The delivery of well prepared and planned lessons, designed to develop psychological skills across the curriculum branches offered.
- A positive and safe learning environment that encourages the development and competence in research and evaluative skills, whilst respecting the individual needs and abilities of others.
- Be actively engaged in their own learning whilst being challenged and motivated to take responsibility for their own development, showing a commitment to improving their own ability.
- Understand how and why they are assessed, whilst experiencing a range of opportunities to evaluate their progress, providing feedback to reflect upon their own and others learning.
- Undertake Psychological research within the school environment when opportunities present themselves.