Accelerated Reader is a powerful online tool that lets you and your English teacher:
- Find out your reading age and level.
- Take a quiz after you have read the book to see how much you have really understood.
- Choose new books with the ‘AR Finder’ that is at the right level for you (not too easy and not too hard).
In KS3, we expect you to read for 10 minutes at the start of every English lesson. We expect you to be reading your Accelerated Reading book for this so that you can take quizzes on these books. To help you, we have got a wide range of fiction and non-fiction texts from Graphic Novels to Ghost stories so there’s something to suit everyone.
At the end of every term, one student from each KS3 will be selected to win a prize for their reading. You can win a prize based on how many books you have read; how many quizzes you have taken; how many quizzes you have taken or even how well-behaved and engaged you are during reading lessons. Your English teacher will be monitoring your reading closely, to choose the student they feel most deserves the prize at the end of the term.
To access the site from inside school, go onto:
- Start Button
- Click on English
- Accelerated Reader – I am a student
- Your username is your first name and surname in lower case (no spaces)
- Password is your date of birth e.g. 20112002
If you have any problems logging in, please email [email protected] and someone will get back to you with the correct login information.
Get reading and enjoy escaping into another world!