These are just a few of the colleges and 6th Form colleges you may wish to look at for Post 16 options.
We recommend that you attend open evenings at these establishments in Year 10 and Year 11 to get a good insight as to what is on offer and which course would suit you best.
We recommend that students start to apply to colleges in the Autumn term and apply to more than one. Some points to consider are:
- Students can apply to as many colleges as they wish, so if you are struggling at this stage to decide which college you prefer, apply to any that interest you
- Once you have applied and you then change your mind about which course(s) you would like to study between application and start, just contact the college and they will advise you as to what is possible
- Many colleges help with transport costs (if you meet the criteria) so don’t let the distance from home put you off without checking which bursaries you may be eligible for
- Once you start college many colleges offer the opportunity to ‘swap not drop’ within the first 4 weeks if you find the course or subject is not meeting your needs or expectations
- Have a look at all the resources on Flying Start Portsmouth to give you an idea about course content
- Below are links to the virtual tours that colleges arranged during the summer, and these may still be useful for Year 11