At ALNS we are proud to have a comprehensive, successful, and developing careers programme. We use the Careers & Enterprise Company’s Compass+ Tool. This allows us to:
- Assess the School’s Career Provision against the Gatsby Benchmarks
- Track individual students’ careers interests and intended destinations (what they plan to do after leaving school)
- Track individual students’ actual destinations (what they do for 3 years after leaving school)
- Plan and track careers activities for individual students Input and store details of third-party organisations and contacts that can support ALNS with our careers provision
- To provide data to local authorities to support them in their statutory duty to record the intended destinations of 16-year-olds.
- To provide systematic record to each student of the individual advice given to them as recommended in the Gatsby Benchmark (using Compass +, a tool to demonstrate that we are successfully meeting the Gatsby Benchmarks, which is how schools measure their careers provision)
All staff continue to provide dynamic and inspirational opportunities to bring careers learning both inside and outside of the classroom. We have a dedicated Careers Team ([email protected]) who will answer any questions you may have, share opportunities, and provide resources. Mrs Russell is very experienced in arranging work experience and can be contacted with any questions at [email protected].
Whether you are in Year 7 and just starting your journey with us, in Year 8 and looking at deciding on your option choices or in Year 10 and 11 thinking ahead to possible future career pathways it can be hard to know where to start.
There are so many careers out there, many of which you will not have heard of before but could suit you perfectly. Below are a couple of websites which can come up with possible career options that you may want to consider. When you see a particular role that which is of interest you look at the qualifications required, this will help you to select college courses or whether an apprenticeship is the best option.
Do not worry if you have no idea of what you would like to do for the future, you do not have to decide right now. When selecting your options or thinking of college/apprenticeships, remember to look at what you are good at, what you enjoy and have a passion for, what interests you and what you would like to have a go at.